Friends of the VTM & HF
Why join Friends of VTM & HF?
Why such a club?
To involve members of the community in the Voortrekker Monument (VTM) & the Heritage Foundation (HF) and to raise additional funds.
Who can become members?
Any person who has paid the Friends of the VTM and HF membership fee for the financial year. No provision is made for patrons or non-paying honorary members. Membership can be renewed annually and lasts from 1 March or thereafter until the end of February of the following year.
What does it cost?
For individual members: R250 per financial year (or part thereof)
For lifetime membership: R6 000 (once off)
What will the money be used for?
To help with the marketing of the VTM and the HF and to contribute to the optimal utilization of all the facilities.
Who manages the club?
The Managing Director acts ex officio as convenor of the Club and accepts responsibility for the effective management and functioning of the Club.
What do members get in exchange?
- A special certificate and lapel button.
- A special membership card to obtain free entry to the VTM and Blood River Heritage Site for the card holder and one sedan vehicle per visit. (All other entry fees are still applicable for guests.)
- 10% discount for the Sunday afternoon buffet at the restaurant per member plus one person, excluding beverages (special membership card must be presented).
- Invitations to the following at a reduced price:
- Guided tours to related facilities and institutions.
- Other events organised from time to time to raise funds for the two sites and the HF
Are there any other rights associated with membership?
Friends membership is an honorary association, and members having any direct say in the management of the Voortrekker Monument Heritage Site. Input and advice from Friends will nevertheless be appreciated.
Branch Code: 632005
Account Number: 1500 168 990