Tours, Times, Tariffs & Map
The spectacular Voortrekker Monument Heritage site is situated in the northern part of South Africa in the Pretoria, Gauteng region. It boasts a unique Monument which commemorates the pioneering history of Southern Africa and the history of the “Afrikaner” and is situated in a beautiful setting.
The Tourist Information centre staff provide an excellent service and pride themselves on their extensive knowledge of :
- Activities and visitor attractions
- South African historical en heritage sites
- Regional information
- Touring information
- Foreign tourist advice
- Internet facilities
- Foreign exchange
Let us guide you on your African holiday experience!
For more info contact: +027- (0) 12-326-6770
(valid from 1 March 2019) – Facilities are all wheel chair accessible
GPS Coordinates: -25.776372, 28.175985 (Only correct on Google)
- Busses: R 100
- Mini-busses: R60
- Heritage Levy: R15
- Researchers and library: R50 per person
- Friends of the Monument – free, passengers pay entrance fee
- Adults: R 90
- SA Scholars (without guides): R 45
- SA Scholars (with guides): R 60 (See Educational Tours for Schools & Youth Organisations Click here)
- Families (parent/s with 3 own children under 18), vehicle included: Maximum R 180
Friends of the Monument – free
- Guide fee: R400
(Monday to Sunday)
- 1 May – 31 Aug: 08:00-17:00
- 1 Sep – 30 April: 08:00-18:00
- The Monument will be closed on 25 December.
Bookings take place from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00.
Please book weekend tours in advance.
Included in tariffs above unless otherwise stated at main entrance or in the Events Programme
Outrides on Horseback: Click here
Educational Tours for Schools & Youth Organisations Click here
To book an educational tour
Contact Daniel Mokwena: tel:  326 6770 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Historical, architectural and Art tours Contact Daniel Mokwena: 012 326 6770 or e-mail email@example.com
Horse rides: 082 828 6323
Birthday parties with traditional activities:
Contact Daniel Mokwena: 012 326 6770 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org